Sunday, June 22, 2014

Craft a Scene By the Sea Challenge - Week 4

Our theme for the month of June is "By the Sea".  Our designers are really enjoying this theme and we hope you are too. If you need to you can Jump to the link here.

I more wonderful email entries to share.  This one is from Barbara in Houston Texas.



This one is from Margaret:


Margaret from Huddersfield in Yorkshire with my entry for “Beside the Sea Challenge.”  The lighthouse, the cliff top and the birds in flight are from Lindsay Mason’s Personal Impressions  “Cliff  Top Scene” , whilst the rocks were created using free stamps from the “Creative Stamping Magazine”, and are actually bird’s eggs.    After I stamped and coloured in the lighthouse, the cliff and rocks, I had to mask them all so that I could create the background using a sponge and Adirondack inks, and a white gel pen to give an illusion of waves.  I’m not sure where I got the small boat stamp.

I didn’t’ have a seagull stamp of the correct size, so I stamped the only one I had and then took a photograph of the image, imported this into Photoshop and resized the image creating two or three different sizes, printed the result and cut them out, using the two you see in the front of my card. 

Take a look at what the talented Craft a Scene design team has created as your inspiration.







It's time to finish up your entry! You may enter up to 3 times and as many other challenges as you wish. If you do not have a blog or account on Split Coast Stampers, then just email me a picture of the piece and I will add it to one of our posts.  

If you are not sure what constitutes a scenic project, check out the information here.



Have fun creating!
NancyD

3 comments:

rachel said...

great makes one and all! xx

Dora said...

hello Barbara
what a funny image with that pinguin sitting by the beach...hihi. this let me think about a story by a child disneybook, "a penguin does not like the cold".(translation)
I like your scene, beautiful made.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

Dora said...

Hello Margaret,
beautiful scene, great stamping and colouring. I like the effect about it.
good idea with the gulls and the eggs that looks like rocks. creative done.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.